When you work in a technical field like I do, it’s easy to lose sight of why you got into it in the first place, because you love technology! It’s been a while since I explored technology purely for my amusement and enjoyment. I’m going to try to change that this year, here’s a few of my Technology Goals for 2013.
- Learn to Code.
- Do some hardware hacking.
- Personal Computer projects.
- Build a home NAS using PC hardware that I have lying around.
- Build a Media Center PC with some more hardware that I have lying around.
- Get rid of the rest of the crap hardware that I have lying around.
My day job doesn’t give me much room to play around with tech as much as I’d like. If I can accomplish a few of the above goals in my personal time, maybe I’ll find a new spark of geek creativity to follow for a while.